Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No manual for the US?

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Not sure when it was but yes the VE's for a while have run The 6060.

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Another person who cant drive a manual transmission. With a response like that i am glad you live WA.

I've had manuals and can drive them, they are not practible in the city as your changing gears every 5 seconds, into gear pull ahead 20 metres changing gears twice then stop, out of gear the start change gears 3 times stop. I grew out of them when I grew up, same will happen to you one day.Autos you can start your car on a hill and let the air conditioner cool it down without being in the car also. Manuals are really for boy racers who dream they are at Bathurst.i can't see one positive from driving a manual, nothing like just planting.your foot for full noise.

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Agreed...nothing wrong with manuals....if you can't drive and eat your a incompetent moron.

Really, so your driving along eating a pie and need to change gears, how do you do it without being a complete moron and taking a both hands off your steering wheel? One hand holding the pie the other changing gears now that a moron or do you change gears with the same hand as holding the pie and drop piece in your console? Or do you be a complete moron and hold the pie in the hand that's not really in control of the steering wheel? Like I said, when you grow up you will get sick of manuals too.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
So much fail in this thread

Growler71

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina
Hey wazza I'm 42 and still love a manual cog box mate ;)

Sent from my iPhone using My thumbs

Last edited:

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I actually have an auto and like it, but Wazza, I still think your comments about manuals are out of line.

You're obviously being opinionated and trolling for a reaction.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Really, so your driving along eating a pie and need to change gears, how do you do it without being a complete moron and taking a both hands off your steering wheel? One hand holding the pie the other changing gears now that a moron or do you change gears with the same hand as holding the pie and drop piece in your console? Or do you be a complete moron and hold the pie in the hand that's not really in control of the steering wheel? Like I said, when you grow up you will get sick of manuals too.

I disagree, I drive both on a regular basis and I enjoy getting back in the manual car every time. For some enthusiastic driving nothing beats a manual transmission. I even drive the auto manually as I like the engine to be at the right rpm range for what I want, not waiting for some PCM to decide to kick down when it wants.

I find, when in traffic in a manual car, when the car in front accelerates away (only to have to brake hard 30 meters further up the road), pop the clutch and let it role, there is no need to stomp the gas pedal at all, that is just a waste of gas. It's idiots who accelerate hard and then brake hard who cause a lot of the traffic issues to begin with, learn some patience. I hate traffic and avoid it at all costs but driving a manual in traffic isn't difficult.

I don't enjoy eating pies whilst driving, not even in an automatic car, enjoy the pie, and remember, when that pie has been in the pie warmer all day, blow on the pie because it will be nuclear, blow on the pie, safer roads together :)

Manuals are ****, at least in an auto you can drink, eat and play with your misses cat and melons

I must be a frikin genius as I can do that whilst driving a manual..... :D

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
Like I said, when you grow up you will get sick of manuals too.

How old would I need to be to be classed a grown up?

How do you I will get sick of driving manual when I grow up, you don't know me.

Just because you don't like driving manuals doesn't mean everyone does, so don't come here trolling for a reaction from people. I don't know why you bother coming on here to winge constantly, you're wasting your own time and everyone else's with you constant bullshit.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67

Eating a pie when driving an Auto is only marginally less stupid than eating a pie whilst driving a manual. I would guarantee you couldn't make an emergency evasive maneuver with the same precision with a pie in one hand as opposed to two hands on the wheel regardless of what transmission you've got.