Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ViperPixie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE Omega Commodore
Hey guys,

My 2008 VE Commodore is giving me troubles. When driving it was sputtering super badly at certain speeds and accelerating almost like it was coughing. I changed the ignition coils and the spark plugs, so they're brand new, but I haven't been able to drive test it yet as I had accidentally broken the PCV hose. Tried to patch it with electrical tape but when it started it had a slight engine jump and low RPM when idling as if it was struggling for air (obvious PCV patch didn't work). So I bought a new PCV valve/hose and have just connected it all, and the engine seemed to idle fine for the first 10 minutes or so before the RPM dropped again but the engine was still slightly jumping/bouncing the whole time from the second it turned on. It has a brand new battery and alternator as well and the gearbox was serviced less than 6 months ago. There's no warning lights on the dash, and have been no other problems.

Any ideas what else this could be??