Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Delete the thread thanks

VZ2004VIC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Delete the thread cheers

Last edited:

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I can understand your frustration,
I know a mechanic like this in Park Road Cheltenham, he is a thief and asshole, I can say this, because he ripped me off.
(long story, wont bore you with it)

Depending where you are located in Melbourne,
[I'm located in the South Suburbs]

I will gladly scan it for you, and can email you a copy of the scan results.
I can also do a smoke test for VAC leaks if you like.
At least its a guide to start with,
Your welcome to PM if your interested in my offer.

I have learnt a lot about Alloytecs owning my LY7 Adventra, and they are not as bad a people make out,
Admittedly, I bagged them a while ago, but now withdraw my negative comments.

(Side Note: I even had a local asshole mechanic {as above] call me to see if he can have a look at my Adventra, and asked a number of questions, as he admitted he didn't know much about Alloytec's, where as I knew more than him) (before he ripped me off)

Last edited:

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Name them, and shame them !
So other Members wont get ripped off.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
See if @krusing can help a bit.

I’d also strongly suggest emailing a group called TAT. They don’t need to hear your story but if you ask them what workshops have members working near where you live.

TAT (The Automotive Technician) are a group of topgun diagnostics experts who form a network around Australia.

Your experiences may not lend well but there is actually methodical fault finding techniques. Fault codes don’t tell the mechanic what is broken. It shows them where to start looking. It is rare to find these methods used in workshops even though they are the right ones. TAT produce their own tech bulletins independent of manufacturers. They work things out where manufacturers won’t help. They fix the things others can’t fix. Where they can’t, they can turn to others throughout Australia who can brain storm to get a result.

Now don’t give them your story. Just ask what workshops near you have a TAT member.

VZ2004VIC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Delete the thread thanks

Last edited:

VZ2004VIC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
See if @krusing can help a bit.

I’d also strongly suggest emailing a group called TAT. They don’t need to hear your story but if you ask them what workshops have members working near where you live.

TAT (The Automotive Technician) are a group of topgun diagnostics experts who form a network around Australia.

Your experiences may not lend well but there is actually methodical fault finding techniques. Fault codes don’t tell the mechanic what is broken. It shows them where to start looking. It is rare to find these methods used in workshops even though they are the right ones. TAT produce their own tech bulletins independent of manufacturers. They work things out where manufacturers won’t help. They fix the things others can’t fix. Where they can’t, they can turn to others throughout Australia who can brain storm to get a result.

Now don’t give them your story. Just ask what workshops near you have a TAT member.
[/URL][/URL]
That's great mate thankyou, ill get onto them and see if anyone is close by. Thanks Fu
Don't know why but now the whole of my thread has been made invisible now too not just my reply to you, and the whole thread is "awaiting mod approval"

Why is that?
Did i say something wrong here?

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
It's because you are a new member and you keep editing the OP.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
So its not allowed to edit a post? Righty-o thanks for letting me know.

You can edit the OP but every time you do it will lock it until we check it. This is because spammers use this technique to try and outsmart us.

No need to delete the thread and if you wish to post more than just create a new post instead of editing your previous posts