Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel injectors

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I call bullshite on Holden’s self fulfilling view of Australian Consumer Law. Remember that’s the same Holden that had to agree to an ACCC court enforceable undertaking to not misrepresent ACL and better train their staff and dealers on how to handle ACL claims.

Guess once the enforcement period was over, Holden went back to its old habits of bullshitting their customers re ACL.

As an FYI, injectors are a life of vehicle component and as such should last longer in time and kms than your car has covered.

If you can spare the time, pay to fix all injectors and then research your rights in law and what’s needed to bring an ACL warranty claim against the selling dealer and Holden so you can claim back your loss (=repair costs, filing fees, etc).

if it’s too much of a headfuck for you, which it is for many, then just replace them yourself ;)

Paulymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline 17
Update on fuel injectors, Got in touch with OFT and finally got a reply ;
The response from the Holden dealers perspective, we believe the injectors have lasted a reasonable serviceable life due to the following:
.the injectors have lasted 7 years in the vehicle with no fault
. There are outside influences that affect lifespan of injectors in this case, such as quality of fuel used by the customer and the dormancy of the vehicle allowing fuel to become stale within the system and affecting components,
Due to this reasoning we believe the goods in question comply with ACL and acceptable quality .
Well I was warned !!!!!!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update on fuel injectors, Got in touch with OFT and finally got a reply ;
The response from the Holden dealers perspective, we believe the injectors have lasted a reasonable serviceable life due to the following:
.the injectors have lasted 7 years in the vehicle with no fault
. There are outside influences that affect lifespan of injectors in this case, such as quality of fuel used by the customer and the dormancy of the vehicle allowing fuel to become stale within the system and affecting components,
Due to this reasoning we believe the goods in question comply with ACL and acceptable quality .
Well I was warned !!!!!!
Complete bullshit that they first tried years ago before accepting that their injectors had latent defects that resulted in drivability issues. They then warrantied the injectors replacing all 8 whenever there were problems even in vehicles that were outside factory warranty.

Really, and I’ve gone through this before, injectors are a life of vehicle component and should last much more than Holdens view of 7 year … Interestingly 7 years is the length of factory warranty of some VF’s and all ZB’s so according to this stupid view, injectors failing a few weeks after factory warranty and your SOL… Fcuken twatts

Guess they need to be challenged in a small claims court (QCAT in your case) but unfortunately such doesn’t set any precedence as it’s simply a case by case resolution (and it’s a PITa which is what Holden hopes for)… such means that ACCC should pull their finger out and take the matter to the Supreme Court on behalf of all consumers.… but Buckley‘s chance that would happen even if a few people logged complaints (another fcuken twatt of an org really) :mad:

Last edited:

Paulymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline 17
Complete bullshit that they first tried years ago before accepting that their injectors had latent defects that resulted in drivability issues. They then warrantied the injectors replacing all 8 whenever there were problems even in vehicles that were outside factory warranty.

Really, and I’ve gone through this before, injectors are a life of vehicle component and should last much more than Holdens view of 7 year … Interestingly 7 years is the length of factory warranty of some VF’s and all ZB’s so according to this stupid view, injectors failing a few weeks after factory warranty and your SOL… Fcuken twatts

Guess they need to be challenged in a small claims court (QCAT in your case) but unfortunately such doesn’t set any precedence as it’s simply a case by case resolution (and it’s a PITa which is what Holden hopes for)… such means that ACCC should pull their finger out and take the matter to the Supreme Court on behalf of all consumers.… but Buckley‘s chance that would happen even if a few people logged complaints (another fcuken twatt of an org really) :mad:
Yes complete crap coming from the dealership I purchased from after they didn’t want to have a bar of it from the beginning , when symptoms first started they told me to take to the other Holden dealership that I have had all my services done there, (which is closer to where I live )they know your vehicle best take it there ,,,
Don’t know if it’s worth the headache to go further with this ,OFT have given me all info to the legal process .

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes complete crap coming from the dealership I purchased from after they didn’t want to have a bar of it from the beginning , when symptoms first started they told me to take to the other Holden dealership that I have had all my services done there, (which is closer to where I live )they know your vehicle best take it there ,,,
Don’t know if it’s worth the headache to go further with this ,OFT have given me all info to the legal process .
So a Holden dealer that sold you the car, and is the one primarily responsible for meeting the ACL statutory warranty obligation, and a dealer who has factory certified technicians states that you should take it to another dealer who knows the car better? And that the manufacturer then said not their problem?

I’d really consider small claims court and having some fun with those facts … getting to call the dealer incompetent by using their own words that they don’t know Holden cars as well as other dealers, that they don’t realise they can access some service record details since they are stored on Holden systems, that they can’t fathom they are responsible for ACL statutory warranty and that they can’t automatically rely on Holden knocking back a statutory warranty claim as the obligation is on the dealer…

But it all comes down to whether you have some free time to dedicate to such a process and can find some enjoyment in playing that game, or whether doing such will cut into work time and impact your income… and how much you value your free time ;)

It really grinds my gears that a seller & manufacturer clearly know the latent defect exists and play such games to get out of their obligations because they have nothing to loose pushing people to the effort and cost of making small claims via a tribunal..… worst outcome is they loose and pay what they would have paid already (their lawyers are on retainer so no cost).

We really need ACL to contain punitive damages in such egregious cases where businesses engage in such shitfuckery related to known latent defects. Only by having punitive damages against a business could we hope that it’s not worth business going down that stat warranty denial path (in such cases)… a path that they promised not to travel down as part of their (now expired*) ACCC undertaking :mad:

It’s all very frustrating and time consuming so I can see why people just give up and buy another injector or two and DIY.

* never understood the logic of court enforceable undertakings that expire… don’t so shitfuckery for 5 years and then you’re free to do it all again…

Paulymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline 17
So a Holden dealer that sold you the car, and is the one primarily responsible for meeting the ACL statutory warranty obligation, and a dealer who has factory certified technicians states that you should take it to another dealer who knows the car better? And that the manufacturer then said not their problem?

I’d really consider small claims court and having some fun with those facts … getting to call the dealer incompetent by using their own words that they don’t know Holden cars as well as other dealers, that they don’t realise they can access some service record details since they are stored on Holden systems, that they can’t fathom they are responsible for ACL statutory warranty and that they can’t automatically rely on Holden knocking back a statutory warranty claim as the obligation is on the dealer…

But it all comes down to whether you have some free time to dedicate to such a process and can find some enjoyment in playing that game, or whether doing such will cut into work time and impact your income… and how much you value your free time ;)

It really grinds my gears that a seller & manufacturer clearly know the latent defect exists and play such games to get out of their obligations because they have nothing to loose pushing people to the effort and cost of making small claims via a tribunal..… worst outcome is they loose and pay what they would have paid already (their lawyers are on retainer so no cost).

We really need ACL to contain punitive damages in such egregious cases where businesses engage in such shitfuckery related to known latent defects. Only by having punitive damages against a business could we hope that it’s not worth business going down that stat warranty denial path (in such cases)… a path that they promised not to travel down as part of their (now expired*) ACCC undertaking :mad:

It’s all very frustrating and time consuming so I can see why people just give up and buy another injector or two and DIY.

* never understood the logic of court enforceable undertakings that expire… don’t so shitfuckery for 5 years and then you’re free to do it all again…
I contacted the dealership I bought the car from over the phone and she suggested I take it back to the dealer I had services done as they have no information on the car , I then went to the dealership on Saturday morning and was told the service manager was not there that day but gave me his details which I wrote a lengthy email with all details and info on conversations with GM Holden , provided information from drive .com , Carsguide and posts from just commodores , I even said at the end of email ( now before I send all this information to OFT and ACCC I hope you would be able to help with this matter) The gutless prick didn’t even reply or make a phone call .
GM Holden repeatedly asking for more information and the dealership said they can’t give anymore information that they haven’t already given … case closed.
I think GM wanted the dealership to say yes they are a faulty part and we should replace them under good will , but no one had the balls to say that …..

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I contacted the dealership I bought the car from over the phone and she suggested I take it back to the dealer I had services done
Is the dealer you bought the car from, still a Holden service and parts dealer? Not all of the old Holden dealers remained in the GM system.