Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

!!Combination -- Alloytec 175 and 5-speeder!! Would it work

chris87

Reaction score
Is it at all possible to do a factory order on a Commodore, and get the 175kW 3.6-litre in conbination with the new 5-speed auto?

I know that the Alloytec 190kW can rev up to 6700rpm (i think), and the 5-speed auto can take it there. I also realise that the Alloytec 175kW will only rev to 6100rpm (i think lol) because the 4-speed auto can't rev that hard. So there's no reason why it isn't possible to get the Alloytec 175 kW with the 5-speed Active Select. After all, they are the same engine...

Thankya! :wave:

VZSUTE

Reaction score
Sorry dude, but i really doubt it..... The vz ute only comes out with the 175 and i tried and tried to get it with a 190 but there is no options for drivetrains different to what is offered from standard.

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
I'd just say to Holden "If you wont make me what I want then I'll walk out the door right now!". All these bloody automatics are an absolute joke.

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
^^^ Yeah totally, tell them thats what you want and if they dont make it for you you'll buy a Ford.

chris87

Reaction score
yeah well after all it is the same engine. thats exactly what id do. id say get f------- lol