Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Mp3

J

Jason

I've Just Bought a VDO mp3 Headunit!..........CDS-139, cost $320 from autobarn. Its really good! reads id3 tags, mp3 search function, and loads pretty fast.
you can modify the orig eurovox brackets by drilling a few holes, etc, so install is no worries.

all in all, good value

D

DVL2C

Just Go to any respectable car audio places they all sell them now, I have a JVC Mp3 Player and its great.. Bought it about 15 months ago, for about 700 dollars, They get a lot better now and also alot cheaper... JB HIFI thats where i got mine!

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
QUOTE (bextor84 @ Jan 14 2004, 07:43 PM) I've got an alpine mp3 unit, hardly use the mp3 function anymore, especially with over half of my files being wma, due to media player converting them that way.
Yeah I prefer mp3.. I realy dont like Media player at all. I'm more of a gadget lover.. If I can possibly have 500 cds in my car at my fingertips then that would be very cool. I've been through the whole making a pc for the car bit and the fact is it's too hard to make a DC-DC power regulator and they cost a mint to buy. I think saving up and buying a mp3 speciffic hard drive unit would be the way to go.

If you wanna put mp3's on a DVD you still need a dvd unit in the car to run them and some don't run DVD mp3 anyway.

I think dvd in car is taking it a little too far but having a big ass hard drive full to the top with mp3s would be good.. My music changes with my mood.

I have heared of people putting pc's in their car and then including a GPS tracker. If your going fast down the freeway the GPS pics this up and the mp3 player puts on fast music.. If your going slow then the GPS knows this and puts on more soothing music.. Also adding wireless so you can pull up in your driveway and dump more music to your car without even transporting anything to the car. Just sinply copy file to your car.. Some funky stuff being done with car music. I know this kind of thing will be the future of car audio. It's just been slow to pickup.

holdenlover

Reaction score
QUOTE If your going fast down the freeway the GPS pics this up and the mp3 player puts on fast music.. If your going slow then the GPS knows this and puts on more soothing music..

Holly S### ..............now that's cool