Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blindspot Monitoring Evoke

Hinca0488

Reaction score
Members Ride
Former: VF Evoke LPG Wagon
Has anyone fitted the blindspot monitoring mirrors to an Evoke? Is it to change the mirrors, plug them in and off you go (as in the monitoring technology is in the mirror) or it's a bit more complicated than that?

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I'm tipping its way more complicated than that with the function being contained in the BCM perhaps.

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
I take it that the blind spot monitoring is connected to the rear sensors that are used for the self parking/reverse traffic alert.

The evoke is likely missing parts of the wiring loom used for this feature and would be restricted within the VCM so is likely to need a lot more then new mirrors to get it to work

Mr_holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv redline
I do not believe it can be done, there is 2 modules in the rear bar that connect to the rear sensor loom. I also think it has got to do with the BCM

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Blind spot system has modules located in the left and right rear quarters of the car.
The mirrors are purely an indicating light for the car in your blind spot.
The system can't be retrofitted either.

joshcomm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF commodore Ute
The wiring loom ON VF evoke is the same wiring as blind spot sensor bumper bar its juts that evoke doemt getbthe blind spot moduels but the wiring is still the same on other vf that have blind spot modules....I have evoke UTE (which btw all EVOKE UTES not sedans have 3.6L-210kw engine). You will need 2 mirrors with blind spot and a rear bumper bar with the blind spot modules. BCM for evoke, SS, SV6 are the same. So it should literally be plug and play. Give me 2 weeks and i will be able to confirm.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@joshcomm, this thread is from 2016 but getting a clear answer on what must be retrofitted and what programming is required would round of this thread nicely even in 2024 :cool:

joshcomm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF commodore Ute
Blind spot system has modules located in the left and right rear quarters of the car.
The mirrors are purely an indicating light for the car in your blind spot.
The system can't be retrofitted either.
Ita plug and play pretty much
@joshcomm, this thread is from 2016 but getting a clear answer on what must be retrofitted and what programming is required would round of this thread nicely even in 2024 :cool:
Yeah I realised that after I posted. ‍♂️ hopefully I will have some clear answers in the next coming weeks

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
while i dont know about this specific feature i can say typically with gm things like this are usually switched off programmatically in the bcm and require programming to make them work.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
while i dont know about this specific feature i can say typically with gm things like this are usually switched off programmatically in the bcm and require programming to make them work.
Aha - this reminds me of the wise words from an ex Prime Minister - it suggests “detailed programmatic specificity”.
(Although I think at that time it was spoken in regard to climate change action not a VF Commodore's BCM).