Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear Passenger floor flooding

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
That's exactly what mine was going
My vt was doing the same thing.
The clear plastic that covers the door wasn't sitting proper.
With the door closed but trim of the door & with the hose on, l was sitting inside the car. l could see the water coming from the clear plastic & running over the door seal.

It seems to effect all commodores, when that clear plastic is not sealing proper.

For me, l'd been stuffing around with speakers. When l finished with speakers l'd neglected set the clear plastic back on the door.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes! Definitely saw that today! All where it's the worst on the floor and mould growing up the interior plastic next to the seat
Sounds like you've got you're answer!

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Don't forget to dry the underfelt, it will be soaked. I put newspaper under it and changed it every day. Then I used a heat gun to dry it out followed by bissell spot clean to clean the carpet

natmack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon Series 2 SV6
Don't forget to dry the underfelt, it will be soaked. I put newspaper under it and changed it every day. Then I used a heat gun to dry it out followed by bissell spot clean to clean the carpet
That's probably my next question, how I go about pulling the carpet out? It's going to need some serious drying, you put your foot down with pressure and puddles of water are in there

natmack

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well, tested the hose window trick today. Water came trickling inside and down on the carpet. I tried the other side, not as bad but the drivers side front door leaked quite significantly down to the back floor. All 4 doors from the door card itself! FML
Check it out!
VideoCapture_20240514-145419.jpg
VideoCapture_20240514-144938.jpg

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20240514-144841.jpg
    VideoCapture_20240514-144841.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Well, tested the hose window trick today. Water came trickling inside and down on the carpet. I tried the other side, not as bad but the drivers side front door leaked quite significantly down to the back floor. All 4 doors from the door card itself! FML
Check it out!
View attachment 268064View attachment 268061

Maybe it doesn’t even have any plastic sheet behind the door card? Seems like an awful lot of water just from a hose test.

Mine was only dripping from a small spot where the mastic wasn’t sealing anymore on both front doors on my SSV and I didn’t even know it was doing it until we had a solid week of rain and the back seat footwells were like swimming pools.

At first I suspected the sunroof but nothing was damp except the rear floor. The water would all run to the back as the car is parked on a slight incline.

Reactions: Lex

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
That's probably my next question, how I go about pulling the carpet out? It's going to need some serious drying, you put your foot down with pressure and puddles of water are in there
Repco sell this for $32.00 . Bunnings might have something similar
Screenshot_20240514_152835_Chrome.jpg

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Check it out!
View attachment 268064View attachment 268061
Get the door trim of, & see what condition the clear plastic & seal to the door is like?
Might be time for above, @Dayvo s suggestion, new clear?

natmack

Reaction score
Members Ride
Get the door trim of, & see what condition the clear plastic & seal to the door is like?
Might be time for above, @Dayvo s suggestion, new clear?
Yeah, that's this week's job! Check 2 doors to start with and see, I suspect I'll be replacing the plastic sheeting. I'll check repco/supercheap/autobarn. They're all close by.
Just got to find some plastic sheeting to use!

Reactions: Lex