Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2011 VE SSV Pierced Oil Sump/Pan

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Pictures, we love pictures :cool:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah, I'm a little disappointed we're not going to see the damage besides a hole in the sump.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
might need to clear something up ''purchased with knock in engine'' has this been running with the knock sounding (with hole in sump) or just mentioned as an issue on purchase and engine dosnt run ?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
@losh1971, taking the sump out is a bit of an effort in one’s driveway. That’s especially the case as compared to simply washing one’s hands (after sump removal) and taking a few snaps with one’s phone so as to post something interesting on a car forum :oops:

So not sure why @Mon-aro seems to state he can’t be bothered with pics particularly after asking forum members for help :rolleyes:

Hopefully I’ve read his post wrong :cool:

Mon-aro

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8Z, VF Wagon, VF ute, VE S1, S2
@losh1971, taking the sump out is a bit of an effort in one’s driveway. That’s especially the case as compared to simply washing one’s hands (after sump removal) and taking a few snaps with one’s phone so as to post something interesting on a car forum :oops:

So not sure why @Mon-aro seems to state he can’t be bothered with pics particularly after asking forum members for help :rolleyes:

Hopefully I’ve read his post wrong :cool:
Sorry you have miss understood. What I ment was im not going to dig too deep into the issue but i would be happy to take some pics and post of course!! Sorry if i wasnt clear.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'd be pulling the engine, rather than going to the effort of getting the sump off in situ. Even a blown 6L has some value. I'm thinking it might be a pull sump in situ, and if too far gone then move the whole car on?

I no longer find it enjoyable to be lying on my back working on cars though.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ok, tell us again you have a hoist :p:p:p:p
Yeah but even that lately has still been too much effort to get on the ground to poke the arms in place, lift it up and have a sticky underneath to make sure everything is fine. No oil on the ground and no rattles so I guess no real need.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Been thinking about how hard it would be to make a timber frame base to make a bike lift using the hoist. I have a front chock, and a bike loading ramp, just need to make the rest.