Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Random Thread

VSYoot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute/VP Berlina. Caring for a 597kW VE SS
Pretty happy the RBA left interest rates on hold this week. I was thinking they may have increased them. I dare say I think we may see another rise this year at some point.

I was speaking to the boss at Aussie and he said there are still plenty of people out there spending decent coin with still lot left over. He also said there are many who are really feeling the pinch. So it would seem that the hikes are really only effecting some households and not as many as I thought it would have and not as many as the media portrays.

So by the sounds of it those who are paid well are still pushing up inflation?

You only have to look on marketplace and see the number of people unloading their toys - Jet Skis, Classic Cars, Boats, Caravans etc to know that a lot of people are being belted at the moment.
The people who panic-bought property and cars at inflated prices at the end of the Weezer are going to be eating sh*t sandwiches for years sadly.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
That's the adds. ;)
Nah no ads, simply cut 1/2 hour out to satisfy programming times.
They just don't get it that some of us old farts have good memories, well at least long term memories that is, but short term memories, well that's another story.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You only have to look on marketplace and see the number of people unloading their toys - Jet Skis, Classic Cars, Boats, Caravans etc to know that a lot of people are being belted at the moment.
The people who panic-bought property and cars at inflated prices at the end of the Weezer are going to be eating sh*t sandwiches for years sadly.
Yep, I see things listed and not selling. Things a year or two ago that weren't being added like they are now. With people dropping the price of things to try and move them.

On the other side are those who are earning good money and are still spending up, which I think may be why we are seeing inflation increasing above the target. It would seem that while many are feeling the pinch there is a whole other cohort who it's not really effecting.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Nah no ads, simply cut 1/2 hour out to satisfy programming times.
They just don't get it that some of us old farts have good memories, well at least long term memories that is, but short term memories, well that's another story.
It was a joke! ;) :D

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I also think the tools they use to measure inflation are no longer the best. Rents are still rapidly increasing and won't come down through higher rates, well I can't see higher rates driving down rents, when the key driver is supply and demand. And the government admitted last week the building industry is unable to keep up with what we need in the way of new builds.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I also think the tools they use to measure inflation are no longer the best. Rents are still rapidly increasing and won't come down through higher rates, well I can't see higher rates driving down rents, when the key driver is supply and demand. And the government admitted last week the building industry is unable to keep up with what we need in the way of new builds.
It's all about importing people.
We cannot keep importing people when we have no where for them to live.
Govco( insert public service peasnuts) think we need more people cause Australians are having less babies, but they are too dumb to understand Australians have no where to live and/or cannot afford to provide for their children, so why the fark would they have children to populate the country.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
And I hear on the news today, the gov't want us to have more kids....No baby bonus though.

Got nothing between the ears

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Govco is desperately trying to avoid the country officially falling into a recession. Even though we are already in a recession per capita, the one thing preventing an actual recession is the huge level of migration. All those hungry mouths they have imported mean more money gets spent at Coles, Woolies, BP, Quicky-mart etc and it's hiding the fact that the rest of us are actually cutting back. Except for Spotify according to the folks here .