Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF parts shortage...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
And if you buy from Holmart remember he might be arrogant, and overpriced but he is doing us a favour by supplying parts for our Holden's. :rolleyes:

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
And if you buy from Holmart remember he might be arrogant, and overpriced but he is doing us a favour by supplying parts for our Holden's. :rolleyes:

My observations show by far Holmart appears to be the most egregious with the parts hoarding/drip feeding, closely followed by Original Parts Group and JHP.

Lots of other evidence too, such as many people buying the Chevy SS steering wheels and the CTSV Brembos from the US, them reselling them here with huge market ups.

Dont get me wrong, I get it, that's Capitalism.

I just like to know when im getting ripped off

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
My observations show by far Holmart appears to be the most egregious with the parts hoarding/drip feeding, closely followed by Original Parts Group and JHP.

Lots of other evidence too, such as many people buying the Chevy SS steering wheels and the CTSV Brembos from the US, them reselling them here with huge market ups.

Dont get me wrong, I get it, that's Capitalism.

I just like to know when im getting ripped off
This is why whenever I can I buy my gen parts from Holden Spares. Contrary to some popular belief, they have been cheaper on the most part than any of the online sellers, go figure.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
This link still works but how fair dinkum it is i don't know Front Bumper
EDIT: No i can't find a S2 bumper in his listings, must be out of date link
EDIT AGAIN: Found this one SOG Front Bumper $1850 complete

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Strict rules on quality, or strict rules on supply? (Aka Can only be sold via Dealers etc)
Really hope they find a solution soon.

It's strange though that Trident does seem to still be trading, so have to wonder why they aren't doing them? (Unless their website is out of date)

$1800 seems a bargain, most wreckers are around the $2500+ for a complete.

Even seen someone selling fire damaged stuff for thousands!

No idea on the aftermarket VE bumpers, but have heard the VF1's are made in Taiwan and have good fitment

Still firmly believe many companies bought up parts supply and are drip feeding them.

Holmart had VF2 Bumpers for $1200. Then they jumped to $2200, then down to $1800, then disappeared.

Lo and behold, look what's back after that article has appeared. Dont worry though, this is their "last" one

View attachment 267646

View attachment 267647
That's outrageous.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
At the bowser !
I was in Tassie for two weeks just recently and fuel prices remained steady between $2.01 - $2.07 for 91 depending on where you were. I come back to Melbourne last Sunday and it’s around $2.19 or more for 91. I mean….WTF!

rossimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 wagon
This is why whenever I can I buy my gen parts from Holden Spares. Contrary to some popular belief, they have been cheaper on the most part than any of the online sellers, go figure.
And also cheaper new parts than wreckers 2nd hand parts I've found.

I bought a 2nd hand vf windscreen cowl panel for $100 from a wrecker and then found new genuine from the dealer was $42!

I now have a 2nd hand windscreen cowl ornament hanging in the shed.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
I was in Tassie for two weeks just recently and fuel prices remained steady between $2.01 - $2.07 for 91 depending on where you were. I come back to Melbourne last Sunday and it’s around $2.19 or more for 91. I mean….WTF!
hmmm.....
dunno where you are but I paid 2.15 for SHELL 98 PULP yesterday for the HSV (at a servo with 1.97 for the standard ULP stuff)