Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
He is paying to maintain his ‘way of life’. None of that ‘greenie’ nonsense for Losh. It seems he’d rather spend more on electricity and petrol than risk buying anything that might save money as it might been seen as ‘saving the planet’. It does sound a bit like a case of “cutting off one's nose to spite one's face”. Ideology over economics.

But, anyway, we are all free to spend our own money how we like. :)
How about you do the math before sprouting your usual BS. The cost savings are more than eaten up by all the other costs associated with owning one.

How about I spell it out for you, so you and others like VS5.0 and you can enjoy each other as you snuggle on the couch together.

$40k on cheap EV
Interest on $40k loan
Insurance on $40k EV
Rego on EV
And the last one I can think of depreciation on EV.

Owning an EV doesn't resolve the fact we still need ICE vehicles so we can go away $30 a night in accommodation. If we only had the EV then we would be paying $300+ a night. So you can crap on all you like about the advantages of EV's and cost savings, which overall there are none but you keep telling your deluded self they will be. EV's are simply only any good for city slickers who only need a car to get to work and back, simples.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
As for saving money, I've just spent $3,500 all up so far on a bike that's already saving me around $40 a week in petrol, and guess what it's already fully depreciated. So only money I will lose is what I spend on repairs. Same can't be said for a new car that loses $10k off its value the moment the money changes hands.

If an EV could be had for $4k, which could be driven for a few years without issue I can then see how there are cost savings, but as it stands buying new is not saving anyone anything. It just looks like it is.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
How about you do the math before sprouting your usual BS. The cost savings are more than eaten up by all the other costs associated with owning one.

How about I spell it out for you, so you and others like VS5.0 and you can enjoy each other as you snuggle on the couch together.

$40k on cheap EV
Interest on $40k loan
Insurance on $40k EV
Rego on EV
And the last one I can think of depreciation on EV.

Owning an EV doesn't resolve the fact we still need ICE vehicles so we can go away $30 a night in accommodation. If we only had the EV then we would be paying $300+ a night. So you can crap on all you like about the advantages of EV's and cost savings, which overall there are none but you keep telling your deluded self they will be. EV's are simply only any good for city slickers who only need a car to get to work and back, simples.

Are ICE cars exempt from any of those costs? You seem really good at imagining (and inflating) the costs of PV and EVs and ignoring (or justifying) all those costs on an ICE car. And you seem to be paying very dearly for it too.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
No point arguing with those that know better.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Are ICE cars exempt from any of those costs? You seem really good at imagining (and inflating) the costs of PV and EVs and ignoring (or justifying) all those costs on an ICE car. And you seem to be paying very dearly for it too.
Careful.

You're up against the fount of knowledge.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
As for saving money, I've just spent $3,500 all up so far on a bike that's already saving me around $40 a week in petrol, and guess what it's already fully depreciated. So only money I will lose is what I spend on repairs. Same can't be said for a new car that loses $10k off its value the moment the money changes hands.

Somehow I very much doubt that you will be recovering the initial outlay costs, let alone the ‘repairs’ and ‘improvements’ anytime soon.

But it is your money to spend (and spend, and spend).

:)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
No, not saying there are. But since you can't read or at least can't understand what I'm saying is. You can't just own an EV, you still need an ICE vehicle, unless of course the only reason you need a car is to drive to work and the supermarket. Do I need to spell it out again for you.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Somehow I very much doubt that you will be recovering the initial outlay costs, let alone the ‘repairs’ and ‘improvements’ anytime soon.

But it is your money to spend (and spend, and spend).

:)
You have no idea obviously. I've been around bikes for over 30 years. I could easily sell my bike for what I paid for it. But you and your couch snuggling buddies including the Mods can like each others posts all you like. Simple fact is the only thing cheaper about owning an EV is they don't run on petrol.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The ‘more’ was a direct reference to your post. I’ve edited the post to highlight that ‘more’ I was referring to.

Obviously over your head, so will leave it at that.

Will also mention again...Infrastructure needs improving to make it viable to change over to EV, unless we just use them for a too and from work/shop scenario.....Currently from what I have seen on my travels, there are very few charging points out of town for electric cars, which prohibits the use of them for anything but the around town stuff....