Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Random Thread

VSYoot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute/VP Berlina. Caring for a 597kW VE SS
Been watching a pair of Rossi motorbike books on Marketplace. They were listed at $110 and have been listed for weeks. I was expecting the to come down to $50 and I'd go have a look. Well, bugger me, they sold tonight. No idea what for, but far out they were only $120 new last time I looked.

NLA as I think Rossi might have gone under at some point. Very nice riding boot but surely not worth $110 SH. I was hoping to get them as everything else on the market doesn't compare to the old Aust made boots, all Chinese now and don't last or are really stiff and still don't last.

I bought a pair of SH RJAYS riding boots and they looked ok when I got them, but only worn them about 35 - 40hrs and they are already falling apart and looking pretty shabby. My old Rossi's I had them for years, raced wearing them for years and probably got a 800hrs or more of wear out of them and the only issue was the sole had started to peel off.
Rossis were great work boots back in the day but I have always preferred redbacks as a work boot, I normally wear them riding my bike. Guessing you ride something sporty?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Rossis were great work boots back in the day but I have always preferred redbacks as a work boot, I normally wear them riding my bike. Guessing you ride something sporty?
Only a Sprint these days. Used to race my RD.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have a three year old pair of Blunni slip on boots non-safety and they are still going great, except they get smelly in the summer. Just too cold to ride with down here in the winter.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I don't remember chucking out my Rossi riding boots so they could still be in the shed somewhere. With the quality of what's out there now, if they turn up it might pay for me to get the sole glued back on, rather than opt for a Chinese pair that will be rubbish after six months on the bike.

VSYoot

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have a three year old pair of Blunni slip on boots non-safety and they are still going great, except they get smelly in the summer. Just too cold to ride with down here in the winter.
Blunnie lost me when they went offshore, but I am sure the boots are still good

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hahaha, just found my old Rossi riding boots in a tub in the shed. Yep as I thought the left sole is starting to come away slightly in two spots. Just lubed the zips with some silicone spray. Now to see Mr Minute and get that sole fixed. Then I can bin the RJAYS that are probably pleather and not actual leather and unlikely to even see me through the winter.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
About to go throw an ice coffee in my gear sack for work tomorrow. Now the weather has cooled down it doesn't need to go in a fridge. Even my water bottle at room temp now will be chilled nice and cold by the time I leave for work in the morning.

VSYoot

Reaction score
Members Ride
About to go throw an ice coffee in my gear sack for work tomorrow. Now the weather has cooled down it doesn't need to go in a fridge. Even my water bottle at room temp now will be chilled nice and cold by the time I leave for work in the morning.
You're a better man than me, I don't commute on the bike this time of year, I blame the roos, but maybe its my lack of heated grips (or testicles )