Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mini !!!

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
That's really stupid and I don't know what Holden was thinking... Didn't earlier VE's have the hatch, which they then deleted and can you retrofit this hatch onto a later VE or VF?

Yes, very early VE did have the hatch which was then deleted. No doubt to boost dealer service dept. income.

People have retro fitted a hatch. Some with the tank still in place. o_O

I'm not keen on grinding a few mm above xx litres of fuel so would only do it at time of first pump failure with the tank out.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The removal of the service panel was cost cutting pure and simple.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Holden did quite a bit of cost cutting unfortunately... @Fu Manchu did mention on another thread that the Series 1.5 Calais did remove some suede from the interior, that earlier VE Calais models came with... I think Holden already knew their fate by the time the GFC came around...

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Holden did quite a bit of cost cutting unfortunately... @Fu Manchu did mention on another thread that the Series 1.5 Calais did remove some suede from the interior, that earlier VE Calais models came with... I think Holden already knew their fate by the time the GFC came around...

Remembering GM received a massive bail out package from the US Federal Govt. during the GFC which included the demise of Pontiac.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
It was cost cutting down under but it’s been said that it was a regulatory (safety) requirement for the vehicles shipped to the USA.

What ever the reason, it causes a fuel pump change to be a PITA service takes and a costly thing for owners to fund by not having the fuel access panel :mad:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It was cost cutting down under but it’s been said that it was a regulatory (safety) requirement for the vehicles shipped to the USA.

What ever the reason, it causes a fuel pump change to be a PITA service takes and a costly thing for owners to fund by not having the fuel access panel :mad:
VR was no better. It was tank out back then, then you needed a three-year-old child capable of hooking on the hose to the swirl pot.

Hole Denn

Reaction score
Members Ride
HoleDens
VR was no better. It was tank out back then, then you needed a three-year-old child capable of hooking on the hose to the swirl pot.
All the steel tanks were the same regarding swirl pots/hoses.

You didnt need a three year old child or cutting a access hole

With a long steel hook rod, the fuel pipe simply pulls out after a slight turn with the plastic venturi attached. It's put back in the same way in reverse after changing the submersible fuel hose.

Have done a few the same way and no issues, just a little patience needed.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

VS wasn't tank out.....pump accessed from forward facing vertical face of the tank.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
VS wasn't tank out.....pump accessed from forward facing vertical face of the tank.
Ahhh, ok I was just thinking ute as that's what I owned. It had the pump on the front side but it was a tank out to fit one.
Although that's better than VE ute where the access is just like VE sedan. A drop in set up like the mini makes plenty of sense to me.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Roof lining failed.....again.

Time to engage a pro to sort it out.

Also, this is now on a sabbatical from daily duties as the young bloke picked up a new to him car yesterday.

2010 Lancer VRX
1 owner
160k kms
2.4 litre
5 spd manual
Leather
Climate control
Auto wipers and headlights
Kick ass factory Rockford Fosgate sound system with good sized sub in the boot.

Drives nice with plenty of poke.

v5148WR.jpeg

Last edited: